Summertime Avocado Salsa

Friday, July 27, 2012

Here's the thing about recipes.. these days about 98% of them come from Pinterest. Apparently, the other 2% come from trashy reality tv people.


My mom made this delicious Avocado Salsa this week after seeing it on Live with Kelly. Gotta love Kelly Ripa. Again, unlikely recipe source. This came from "the Situation" from Jersey Shore and I have literally been eating it with a spoon or on any chip or cracker I can find. SO delicious! 

Here's the recipe: 

2 Ripe Avocados (peeled, seeded, and cut into small cubes)
½ C Fresh Lime Juice
1 Large, Ripe Tomato (diced) or Grape Tomatoes (diced)
Small Can of Corn (drained)
½ Red Onion (chopped)
¼ C Fresh Cilantro (chopped)
½ t. Salt
1 T Sugar
3 T Extra Virgin Olive Oil

Whisk lime juice, olive oil, sugar and salt in a bowl until blended. Add avocados, tomatoes, corn, red onion and cilantro. Chill in your fridge for a while and then serve! YUM IN THE TUM! :)

Original, full recipe found here

No comments:

Post a Comment

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan