1. If photography is one of the most important things to you about your wedding day, then do a first look because it allows for better photos to be taken.
Yep. Photos were a top priority for me/us.
2. Walking down the aisle is still going to be special and a big deal and emotional because.... YOU ARE WALKING DOWN THE AISLE. It's incredible in itself. You're about to get married. Under no circumstances is it going to be boring or lacking specialness.
That one basically addressed my number one fear/thought. But I felt like it made sense. In the end I agree with it 100%.
For a brief point, I decided I wanted to go back to traditional. But then Ben asked if we could see each other, because he felt like that would take away the nerves. We didn't look back after that.
I am thankful. Not only was it so exciting to see each other before, we got to do all of our photos in our fun location, and keep our reception short (part of our vision, more on that soon.)
Here's some other reasons we decided a first look was GREAT!
3. After we were married, it was almost instant celebration and visit with people time. I don't think I would have liked doing an hour of photos before seeing guests, and I wouldn't have liked keeping them waiting. Even during the few family shots we took post wedding, we made sure that everyone knew they didn't have to wait on us to eat.
4. Right before the ceremony, I was nervous, but for the most part, my heart was just really full. I was surrounded by close and loving friends, and I was just ready to see Ben again.
5. We got to choose a fun location for the majority of our wedding photos. I was so happy with our pictures at Ben's aunt and uncle's house! Those images transformed the feel of our wedding and I am so thankful for that Southern touch!
What are your thoughts on doing a First Look? My final conclusion is that we loved it, but that everyone should make their own choice. :)