|Celebrating an August wedding with a sweet friend!|
Let's look at how I did on the August Goals:
American passport name change Renew and change name on British passport
- paint the old nightstand that is sitting in our garage
plan something fun for Ben's 23rd birthday, the 27th! (Also his first day of school as a middle school coach!)
- Clean makeup brushes
Start working on curriculum for a girls bible study at church Start a fun new series here on the blog. Hint: it's called "Simple Little Things"
Not too shabby. :) I took care of the passports by going to get the photos taken at a local drugstore early in the week. I got some help with researching all of the correct forms, they were so overwhelming! For Ben's birthday, I started the day by making cinnamon rolls (from a tube, not Pioneer Woman style!) at the early hour of 5 am. He then went off to school for his first day of teaching and coaching. I got to bring him his lunch to school (he forgot it!) and in the evening we ate his favorite dinner, cupcakes, and watched Oceans 13 (we love those movies!) I started working on stuff for our girls bible study. I'm teaching the first one on Wednesday night, pray for us! If you know of any middle school/high school/early college age girls in my area and want more info, email me! Simple Little Things has been posted twice, I'd love to hear if y'all like reading it, or any thoughts you have.
I also missed putting something on my goals list that I completed this weekend, traveling to Nashville, Tennessee to visit a few friends from Making Things Happen. The weekend getaway was relaxing and wonderful, and Nashville is such a fun city! I'm excited to share that adventure in a blog post, soon!
I didn't get to painting the nightstand, or cleaning makeup brushes. The good news is, those two things can go straight to my September Goals. Even if I missed the mark this month, I still want to accomplish those tasks.
- Paint the old nightstand that is sitting in our garage
- Clean makeup brushes
- Find something for above our fireplace mantle
- Healthy eating, we're working on making this our next disciplinary goal.. now that I feel like I've conquered our finances!
- Clean out our guest room
- Plan and book our European Adventure for next summer
- Read a book for fun (I LOVE reading, but lately I've been lacking good recommendations!)
And now, a little something different. I recently found a "Marriage Goals" linkup and wanted to list some specific marriage goals.
- Be a supportive coach's wife as football season is a huge adjustment
- Pray over Ben and his role in the community in the mornings and at night
- Ask each other these questions every Sunday
- Make Ben's school lunch every day