1. Pizza: Pizzaria Trianon Naples, Italy- It makes sense that our most delicious pizza experience would have taken place in the birthplace of pizza.. YUM! I wish we could just jet back and have a slice. All of the ingredients used in Italy are super super fresh, and we avoided tourist trap restaurants while on our trip, so we had amazing pizza experience after another... this one was the best though.
2. Macarons: Laduree Paris- My absolute favorite flavor of macaron is Raspberry, and Ben's is chocolate. This was one of our favorite stops when we visited Paris, and now anytime we're near somewhere that we can get them, it's worth a stop!
3. Burger and fries: Shake Shack- I'm never one to order a burger and fries. I know that's probably weird to a lot of people.. but a burger is never something I'll order unless I'm somewhere that it's the only option, and even then sometimes not. A few years ago my New Year's resolution was no french fries.. and after a year of choosing healthier sides, I can count on one hand the amount of times I've eaten them. However, for me, Shake Shack is a totally different story. For some reason I just LOVE their food.
4. Pasta: Trofie with Pesto Vernazza, Italy- Trofie is a skinny pasta that originated in the Cinque Terre area (I think specifically in Genoa, actually! Not positive) that's designed to hold onto the delicious pesto. By far the best meal we ate during our Italy trip... I really regret not bringing back jars of pesto from Cinque Terre.
|Image from here|
6. Cookie: Chocolate Chip Walnut Cookie Levain Bakery New York, NY- I actually got this one from Emily's list.. I happened to be going to New York right after discovering the blog post. I made my friends treck to this bakery and we were greatly rewarded. I can't wait to get my hands on my next Levain cookie!
7. Cheesecake: Homemade by Aunt Sue
8. Mini Bundt Cake: Nothing Bundt Cakes chain- This answer may really stump actual foodies, but after sampling lots of cupcakes I've settled on loving little bundts the best. Yumo!
9. Beverage: Four Flowers Juice at Sarabeth's New York - Another weird eating habit of mine is that I pretty much only drink water. About 2-3 times a winter I'll have a hot chocolate or an apple cider but the rest of the time.. I only drink water. This juice has a $10 price tag but when I read that it had "orange, pineapple, banana, & pomegranate" I was dying to try it. Now it's a go to for me when visiting the city!
10. Ice Cream: Gelato at Il Gelateria Rome, Italy (Mint Chocolate Chip and Nutella Swirl are pictured)- Do I really need to say anything about gelato? :) This combo is my favorite!
As you can see my list isn't complete.. but it will get there one day. :) Do you have any recommendations or things that would make your list?